Lift Off Festival
Saturday 20th October | 3pm to 10pm
Featuring a New Zealand record high altitude skydive, circus entertainment, face panting, kids zone, live music, food village, balloon night glow, fireworks and more!
All proceeds from this event will go into the provision of future community events and to the Motueka Community Swimming Pool Project which we are proud to support.
Have a listen to our headline act Tawhiri Funk below:
3pm Gates Open & Live Music Begins
8pm Balloon Night Glow & Fireshow
9pm Fireworks Display
9.10pm Tawhiri Funk (Headline Act)
To purchase tickets:
1. Select the ticket type that suits you – General Admission (12 & over) or a Family Pass which acts as a discounted per person rate for families of 2 adults and up to 4 children.
2. Add a carparking pass if you wish to have parking within walking distance from the event. If you don’t purchase a carparking pass, you’ll need to walk or get dropped off at the event.
3. Make a donation to the Motueka Community Pool Project if you wish. This is optional but encouraged.
4. Pay online with a credit or debit card via Eventbrite and you’ll receive your tickets in your email inbox.
5. Bring your tickets to the gate either printed out (typically faster) or on your smartphone which we’ll then exchange for a wristband which will allow you to make cashless payments through the event.
You’ll receive more information on parking & cashless payments once you’ve purchased your tickets.
- Witness a Halo Jump Skydive from 25,000ft, a New Zealand first right here in Motueka.
- Take an exclusive tour of Argus Aviation, a sought after destination for repairs on helicopters and planes.
- Try your hand at a trial flight operated by the Motueka Aero Club, if you want to take the first step in learning how to fly and becoming a pilot.
- Have a scenic flight by Nelson Tasman Air and or a tandem skydive with Skydive Abel Tasman if you want an aerial view of the action (before 6pm only).
- Move your feet to the stunning line up of live music presented by Event Audio Nelson will be provided throughout the day featuring blues guitar, party DJ’s, reggae, rock and funk bands.
- Enjoy the best local food and beverages at the Penati Night Markets including the official launch of the Smoking Barrel pickup truck!
- Discover the most amazing arts and crafts on offer at our Arts Village.
- Witness the regions first ever balloon night glow at 8pm, kicking off with an incredible fire show performance and finishing with a stunning fireworks display.
- There will also be face painting, circus performers and a games zone presented by GK Events Hire & Inspired Productions.
- We are operating a zero tolerance policy for intoxication and our security team will be conducting checks at the gate. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone presenting as intoxicated.
- Our goal is to reduce the impact of this event by using compostable cups and asking our food vendors to reduce their waste. You can help by bringing your own cup and plate to the event (no glass).
- You are not allowed to bring any food or beverage into the event, except for toddlers or children when travelling as a family. Bag searches will be conducted at the gate.
- There are likely to be thousands of people travelling to the airport for this event which means traffic congestion is likely. To guarantee a carpark, you’ll need to book in advance. We also request that wherever possible you choose to carpool, bike or walk to the event to skip the traffic and make the most of your day with us.
The whole Lift Off Festival is cashless! We hate queues as much as you do so we’ve invested in a system that allows you to simply load a wristband (online, with cash or Eftpos) and scan it to make a purchase. Don’t sweat the details – there will be plenty of people around to help. If you have money left over, you’ll be able to refund online from Tuesday at 9am. PLEASE NOTE – There is a $3.25 refund fee for the transaction. All leftover money will go towards future events & our benefiting charities.
The size of the event and the fact that all our balloon operators are private hobby balloonists (not commercial operators) makes it impractical to offer balloon rides to the public. The night glow event is where the balloons are tethered to the ground and a glow performance is held with choreographed music. An absolutely stunning visual and way to appreciate the amazing balloons!
Monday 3rd September, no later than 3pm. Tickets start at $10 per person, are non-refundable and separately ticketed for each event. Earlybirds end on the 1st October and there will be limited gate sales to the Motueka event only at the day (although they will be more expensive).
Earlybirds are on sale now via Eventbrite. These will expire on the 1st October and there will be a price increase for general admission. Currently the ticket prices are as follows – $10 into Motueka and $20 into Kaiteriteri (inc. shuttle bus). Family pass discounts available and upgrades such as Sunset Cruises in Kaiteriteri. Click here to access the tickets.
No. We’ve decided to ticket the events separately because they are so different in nature and both have different capacity levels and transport methods. Of course, you’re welcome to attend both events, you’ll just need to purchase seperate tickets.
These are charged by Eventbrite, our ticketing system and cover the transaction fee for the ticket and credit card transaction. They’re very minimal and there are no fees charged on donations to the causes we’re supporting if you’re feeling generous!
You can use either a credit or debit card, as well as login via your PayPal account if that’s easier. Unfortunately we can’t process bank transfers but you are welcome to purchase tickets from Motueka I-Site.
Both events have limited ticket capacities to avoid congestion or health & safety issues. This won’t be advised in advance but we do recommend securing tickets early.
We’ve created a discounted “per person” rate for families of 2 adults and up to 4 children. All you need to do is select the total number of people attending and it will calculate your total family pass rate. Please note – children must be under 12, supervised at all times and there is a maximum of 2 adults per family which will be strictly enforced at the gate.
Yes, once you’ve purchased a ticket you can easily click on edit order information on your ticket confirmation email and update those details. The ticket holder that presents at the gate must be the same person on the paperwork.
Tickets for both events are for event admission ONLY and do not entitle you to a carpark either at the event or at any of our Park & Ride stations. These need to be purchased separately and added to your ticketing order. Carparks on the day will be $20 (instead of $10) and only if we still have availability.
Under 12. Anyone 12 or over will need to purchase an adult ticket.
No. But you can transfer your ticket to someone else by updating the order information. Tickets are completely non-refundable.
Children under 5 do not require a ticket. Children aged between 5 and 12 years old can purchase a child ticket (or count as children in the family pass). Anyone 12 and over will need a general ticket.
Anyone presenting with a valid disability parking permit will be allowed to be dropped off close to the event, irrespective of road closures. Our aim is to be as accessible as possible so if you have any questions, please contact us.
Either the day of the event or when capacity is exceeded, whichever comes first. We recommend securing tickets early.
We recommend doing so because it will make the entry process much faster for everyone involved. However, you may also present these on your phone.
Yes, anyone over 18 will need a valid NZ Drivers Licence, passport or 18+ card to be permitted entry.
The Kaiteriteri event is a no vehicle access zone which means you’ll need to use our Park & Ride stations in Riwaka or Motueka to access the event. We’ll be providing buses free of charge for all ticket holders. These will run continuously throughout the evening, although there will be wait times depending on numbers. There is zero tolerance for any food and drink on these buses.
Yes! Well, we’re working on it at least! We really encourage people to bring their own cups and containers to reduce any waste from the event. We’ll be providing compostable packaging which biodegrades and full recycling stations across both events. Let’s make sure us having a great time doesn’t negatively impact the environment!
Anyone with an existing booking for a holiday home or motel in Kaiteriteri is more than welcome to attend the event but you’ll need to purchase a ticket like everyone else. For those of you wanting to make a booking at Kaiteri Lodge or Kaiteriteri Campground, you’ll need to pay a ticketing fee ($20 per adult, free for children) to the front desk upon entry.
The weather call will be made a few days prior to the event and advised publicly to all ticket holders. If the event is cancelled, you’ll have the choice to request a refund or donate the money back to the event and benefiting charities.